Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another UFO completed!

Time marches on.....winter is still with us! The cold wind chills, ice, & snow gave us three days off last week but I still didn't get much quilting done! Mic and I did get a room ready for our exchange student arriving from Germany on March 7th. Since we were cleaning and moving furniture around, we did our spring cleaning early. Just have to do the drapes/curtains and windows when it decides to warm up outside!

Ry & Amber have decided to move their wedding date up to May 17th! With Mic graduating on the 25th, I will be extra busy the next few months! I did get a chance to go visit Lesa over the long weekend. Met up with Janet and Kris for some fabric shopping and lunch on Saturday. Sure was fun!

I also got the quilt quilted (and the binding on) that will be given to Ry & Amber as a wedding gift. Another UFO crossed off the list! Also got my Autumn Tints blocks into a top. Then I cut out 4 more of my "God's Eye" blocks. All to soon it was time to head back east! At least I beat the sleet/snow home!
(Ripple Effect pattern)

Am thrilled we only have a four day week this week. I find it harder and harder to go to work each day, but alas, if I don't work, I can't play! (and I love my hobby and traveling to visit other quilters!)

~Irene~

3 comments:

swooze said...

Congrats on the finish! Nice quilt.

Teresa said...

Great job on your quilt. I just love making those last stitches on a finished project.

Sue said...

Great job on finishing another UFO. I'm sure they will love that quilt!

I've gotten tons done during this cold and snowy winter and going around the ring it seems like many others have, too, congrats!