Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekend Adventure~

This past weekend I had a chance to "go west." I took some of my quilt tops/backing/batting to my friend Kris in Sprinfield, OH, and she will quilt them for me. I am just not getting them done! She then traveled with me south to Lesa's house in Bellbrook. Lesa took us the http://www.fabricshack.com/. UT-OH!!!!! But I was good and only bought a few fabrics that I knew I needed to finish projects and two fabrics for one new project! This shop is dangerous!!! From here we went on a hunt for food!!! The joy having a good meal with great friends is priceless!!



I spent the night at Lesa's and on Saturday, we were honored to take a class taught by Teri Tope, http://www.materialgirldesigns.com/, on reverse applique. Yet, you read right, this chick, who DOESN'T applique took an applique class!!! I am SOLD on this method! If all applique could be done using this methos, I'd sure do more of it! I didn't get very far on my projects, but, that's ok, winter's coming!
sample 1 my block started



I am also making a tree:


I definately wasn't ready to head back home on Sunday, but.......


No comments: