Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Celtic Solstice...It's a top!!!

Over the 3-day Holiday weekend, I was determined to get caught up on the mystery!

 I accomplished turning all my pieces into blocks and then the blocks into a top!

I was at my friend, Ann's, so didn't have border fabric with me. Late one night she jumps up from her sewing station and says, "I've got it!"  She walked to a bin she had and pulled out a beautiful green piece of fabric...it was/is the perfect fabric to compliment my top! Thanks so much, my friend!!

The top:


No, it's not perfect, but neither am I and I love it just like this!


Irene


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that "It's not perfect" is going to be a theme for those of us who did this quilt! :) The wonderful thing is that the quilts look great even with mistakes. Yours looks "perfect" and the green fabric from your friend looks like it was bought just for the quilt!

Marly said...

You know what the Amish are reported to say about perfection. Only God ...
Of course it's not perfect, none of us are, in one sense. On the other hand maybe perfection is doing your best, and by learning from mistakes coming closer.
I agree with Carole, the green border is absolutely the perfect match: great teamwork of you and your friend.

Anita said...

A lovely quilt!

Unknown said...

I love it and I think it came out beautifully!

Laura said...

Looks wonderful.

Vireya said...

Perfect green fabric for the border of your beautiful quilt!

Andee said...

I love it too! Nice job!

Cherry said...

The green border fabric really is perfect for framing this quilt. Great work! Beautiful quilt!