Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day to Day

Last week was a really hard week for me! I am so used to having people around me all the time and all of a sudden I found myself totally alone!!! I will admit I had a breakdown one day, but through the thoughts & prayers of friends, I made it through! Now, I guess I know what I'm in for when Mic leaves for college next month?? But then I will also be back to work, so may be able to deal with it better?

Anyway, I did get to work on the quilt I started for "T." Thought I was done with the top until I laid it out to match up the backing---whoa! The top wasn't "square" like it should of been so now I am redoing all the borders. Have the last round to add yet. Need to finish it up today as I have an appointment with a machine quilter on Thursday to quilt it.

Stac was home one day and looking at a quilt book Carolyn (http://ohioquilter.blogspot.com/)sent me. She saw a quilt pictured in there she really liked so went on a hunt for fabric in "stash." She found a few larger pieces she liked and ask if I thought she could make the top? Well, yeah, you can sew and you can learn how to piece quilts too! She left for home with one block completed, the fabric, the book, one of my cutting mats, a cutter, an 18" ruler and a square ruler! Oh, she also grabbed the back-up sewing machine. I get a few calls a day when she runs into snags, but she is progressing well. I can't wait to see the top! I am thrilled that at least one of my girls is starting to share my love of quilting!


Mic is working again now that she's home from Chicago (she went there with the youth group last week). She also is playing some soccer and softball. Keeps me busy in the evevnings. Last night she played soccer in Wooster at 7. We found out earlier in the day that a gal we met in Hawaii was playing at 6, so we ventured up early to watch Makenzie play. They then stayed for Mic's game and we all went to Applebee's for dinner. Was wonderful seeing our new friends from Mansfield again!
I hope to do a little better keeping my blog updated. Would love if you'd leave a note telling me if anyone actually reads this!
Now, on to face the beutiful sunny day god has given us!
Irene

1 comment:

Lesa Marie Bame said...

Glad to see you are feeling a little better. Mom says it gets better once the nest is empty. They keep coming home for one thing or another. Lets you make some friends and play with kids your own age ;-) Or you can get a nice foreign exchange student...maybe a Sven from Sweden?? You also might want to add a counter to the page so you can see how many people check out the blog ;-)
Piece
Lesa