Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Painting & Moving........

I haven't touched my sewing machine lately! Believe me, I look at it longingly daily, but just have been to busy with other "things."

Ry and Amber found a 3 bedroom mobile home last Monday to rent, getting them ut of thier small one bedroom apartment. BUT, all the walls were a ucky gray/black, so we started painting. Primer was put on Tuesday and Wednesday and we started the final coats on Thursday. All repainted except the "office" by noon on Saturday and the moving began. Had everything moved by 6 but not unpacked.......they will take their time unpacking this week after work.

I also attended my 35th class reunion Saturday evening---what a joy to see some classmates I haven't seen in awhile (some 37 years!). Had a wondeful time.

Yesterday I decided it was time to finally empty out the storage room and turn it into the guest bedroom it is supposed to be! Mic wasn't to thrilled with me as she had the day off and had to help! But, there is actually "moving" room in there now. Two trips to the Goodwill box, a few bags into the trash, everthing sorted and put back into place.....looks pretty good if I say so myself! Now if only the other two rooms I want to change around were done! Maybe if I ask nicely, Stac will come home and help me? Mic has to work everyday now until she leaves for college so my "helper" is gone during the day.........we shall see.

Kids that are here tonight are watching a ball game and on thier laptops, so maybe I'll go sew for a little while? Altho a nap sounds wonderful!

Irene

No comments: