Sunday, August 30, 2009

A busy week~

This past week was soooo busy! At times didn't know if I was coming or going!

~Went to orientation on Monday morning at 8:45. Also got what I hoped were my last new student transportation sheets (nope got more as the week went on)---ummmm this school bus is going to be FULL this year! After getting out of this meeting, I picked up Shellz and we headed towards Wooster to do what we hoped was the last of her school shopping---DETOUR!!!!!! Stacy called and said Kevin got hurt at work and she didn't know how bad, only that they were taking him to Aultman.....we turned around and went to the hospital with her.....We are thankful that Kevin didn't lose his right foot or was killed!!! A farm accident is always serious but Kevin won the fight again the "grain auger" that fell on him! Seven hours after we got to the hospital, surgery was over and Shell and I headed home--did stop at Walmart and got a few "things" but not all needed items. I got to bed very late considering I had to get up early Tuesday morning!

~Tuesday 4:30 AM---WHO set that alarm to go off at this hour??????? Oh, wait, school starts today, guess I better get up and moving (altho I really really want to sleep!) Shower wakes me up! I make my way to the bus garage--yeah, my bus is back from the repair shop! "Pop" the hood--gotta do the daily pre-trip---ummmmm why is my overflow reservoir dry??? Why is there no anti-freeze in it????? So off I go to find one of the mechanics....he adds 3 gallons of anti-freeze, I finish pre-trip and am on the road with the bus at 6:10 AM....good morning with 45 students grades 7-12.........drop them off at the Middle/High School and get to take a 15 minute break? Wait, the mechanics just asked me to recheck the fluid levels in the bus--UT-OH--anti-freeze gone again! Not good, the "leak" must not be fixed properly so #20 will go back to the repair shop and I switch to #18...... (***we have awesome mechanics, but the leak on bus 20 was not an "in house" repair job--had to be sent to "out").... By 9AM, I had picked up 68 students grades K-6 and dropped them off at the elementary school and my morning was done---

Some errands and time with Shell before I head back in at 2 PM..........Great afternoon, (except bus 18 overheating and I transferred once again this time to #15), good kids and day one is over and done!

~Wednesday--Routes went great--between routes Shell and I did laundry and started her school packing. In the evening we joined my brother, Steve, and his family for "$1 hamburger night" followed by some karaoke...woops stayed up a little late, but it was a fun night! (Kevin released from hospital--doing great!)

~Thursday--first day of kindergarten for the Tuesday/Thursday group....NO TEARS!!!!! Great routes today. Finished up Shell's packing and did some grocery shopping for her...just the two of us for a quiet dinner at home, went to visit my parents, then loaded Shell's car.....she will leave for college before I get home in the morning To bed early, I'm whipped!

~Friday--first day of kindergarten for the Monday/Wednesday group....NO TEARS!!!! Another great day on the routes! House very very quiet sice I'm back to being alone.....Stacy called and invited me to their place for dinner so after putting gas in Adin's car for him, I headed to Wooster.....nice relaxing evening!

~Saturday...Adin got in to late last night to get this truck unloaded, so I went with him to unload. Came home for a late lunch, then finished up the cleaning, mowing, etc.....Stacy & Kevin came for a corn roast in the evening. Relaxed by the campfire and listened to the band preview at Garaway........

So no sewing or quilting got done this week! Adin will leave again Monday morning and Shellz is back at Walsh...so its just me this week, maybe I will make it into the studio?????? Ummm, I HAVE to, am behind and the holiday orders are coming in!

But, if you want to meet for coffee/lunch/etc.....give me a shout, I always need a break! :)

No comments: