Friday, August 7, 2009

~Sweet Corn~

Very little going on in the sewing room this week! "The" family has managed to gather up 50 doz ears of sweet corn that had to be put into the freezers (65 quarts) this week! Did some on Monday, then again on Wednesday, and finished up today.....Not even sure I could eat any right now--I am corned out!

I have been stealing a few minutes here and there at the hand quilting frame---going is slow but I see progress.

Am going to be alone for a few days as DH is on-the-road again--I hate when he's gone over the weekend, time drags! Also, it's that time again so I dug out my paperwork from last school year--. Am I ready to go back? Yes and no! I miss the kids but I don't miss getting up at 4:30! And I want the summer weather to last a loooooong time!

Think I'll go sit on the deck with a glass of iced tea and let the water fountain sooth my spirit tonight............




Irene

No comments: