Monday, January 23, 2012

"At Home" Retreat

was held this past weekend for the "Ohio Quilters." I didn't know how much time I could spend in the studio since I was scheduled to work on Saturday. Well, due to the snow/ice, I got the day off on Friday and got rescheduled for Saturday, but..that also meant Hubby was home and...... (won't go there!!)
Friends, Pat and Becky, were in town so met up with them on Friday after the roads cleared. We headed to a neat quilt store, http://www.somewheresewing.com/. Didn't buy a lot--a backing, a spool of thread, and a WOW to add to the stash. Ann met us here too.

After lunch, we did a little local shopping and browsing...basically relaxed and enjoyed our time together. Dinner was a fun time with Debi and Dennis!!

I did manage to get the "Sand and Surf" top sewn together after making it home in another snow storm Friday evening~

Saturday I was so bummed after my trip was rescheduled--I couldn't contact the gals since my phone just wouldn't work....grrrrrrr (it did reset itself late Saturday afternoon, was it due to the weather?????)and meet up with them. So, I decided it was a good time to work on binding a quilt. I could easily do this while the laundry was being done:



Didn't accomplish all I had wanted to in the studio but I am pretty happy with this much done! It seems I never get much done during "home retreats!)"



Irene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I think you did a pretty good job!! I had too much last minute can't be helped things happen to get into my studio ...oh well. There will be more days/time.