Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jelly Roll Races

At retreat we had a Jelly Roll Race on Sunday morning.....yeah, after only about 4 hours of sleep and LOTS of coffee, I decided to "do" the race. I had thought of making a Jelly Roll quilt so was prepared, just hadn't thought of competing! Sure glad I did cause I WON!!!!! Saturday they had us "prep" our rolls into one long strip so that made it easier for the race.....

Have you ever sewn 1600 inches of fabric strips into a quilt in 30 minutes?????

Dare you!!!!!!

You can find a tutorial here: http://quilting.craftgossip.com/tutorial-jelly-roll-1600-quilt/2011/12/09/

My top with borders added AFTER the race:

My Batik FQ Bouquet for being the first one done!




Irene

1 comment:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I always thought that these would be fun to do!