Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quick Trip Quilt Top

While attending a retreat last September, I was intrigued by a "Trip Around the World" quilt that was being made by an 80+ year old lady...I had never made one because I was afraid of all the square pieces and was just sure I couldn't get a decent top! I was introdeced to the book: "Quick Trip Quilts" by Eleanor Burns. Debi at "Somewhere Sewing" (http://www.somewheresewing.com/) got me the book and I started pulling baticks from my bins....I "kitted" this before retreat and it became one of my projects. Why was I so afraid of this pattern????? It totally rocks!
My top before borders...not sure what fabric(s) I am adding to make the borders? Maybe none??? I will let it hang here for awhile and see if it talks to me. If you have a suggestion--PLEASE post it!!



No comments: