Friday, September 21, 2007

Red, White, and Blue Quilts

What to do with a stack of red, white, and blue quilt blocks that aren't uniform in size? I had 12 swapped r/w/b Star blocks that weren't equal in size. I took 4 of them and trimmed them, yes, I lost some points, but sometime you just have to make the best of it! I then added a narrow red border around each of them. Now, what am I going to do with them?



I used them as a center row for a row x row! Two quilting friends added a row of their own on each side of my row..........Thanks Linda and Sheryl for helping me end up with a great quilt! DS had claimed this one!







I then took the other eight blocks trimmed them and added a blue border. I found eight other Star r/w/b blocks in a bin so took these sixteen blocks and made another row x row quilt. DD #1 has claimed this one.

No comments: