Sunday, November 25, 2007

Frustrating Day

Why is it when I want to get a lot done, nothing goes right? Trying to get some swap blocks done, first I cut wrong--how can you cut 2.5" strips wrong? I can and did--grrrrrr! Finally have them all cut correctly and start sewing---now I need 14 blocks--no big deal--wrong again! Half of them I had to unsew and redo! After five looooooooooooong hours they are finally done!

Also need to make two more of the 30's blocks so I have enough for a baby quilt....pieces for those are cut. Am hoping to still finish them tonight.




Then I'd also like to start seting my flannel blocks from the 2006 swap, bu I can't find them! Mic and I have turned this sewing room upside down and then some looking for them! I am beginning to think that I took them to retreat with me and left them there..will have to call Sheryl and see or did I take them along to Lesa's and leave them there? Don't think so as I didn't see them last weekend. huuuummmmm


Did get the 2007 flannel blocks into a quilt yesterday before work..It's a "raggy" quilt so still have all the snipping to do. (Picture later).

Now for the good news! I WON a door prize during Planet Patchwoos One Day Mystery Event today!!!!

Hopefully the rest of the week will go much better sewing wise! I need to get a few things added to the finished list before the new year rolls around!




~Irene~

2 comments:

Jo Raines said...

I can so relate. Found out I have to have two basal cell carcinoma's surgically removed a week from today, one on the bridge of my nose which will require a flap or skin graft so will be out of commission for a week and am trying to get a quilt top done for my neice and mis-read the size of the strips so am having to hold my mouth just right for them to come together correctly! Yesterday was rip city.

Jane said...

I can co-miserate with you. Wonky cutting and the seam ripper can really wreck the fun of a project sometimes. Turned out swell tho'.