Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lone Star.........

I've wanted a "Lone Star" quilt for a loooong time but was scared-to-death of the pattern! A few years ago I purchased a foundation pattern from QuiltSmart thinking I could "do" this! I auditioned a lot of fabrics and color palettes before I found the "perfect" one for me!

Finally, a few weeks ago, I got brave enough to cut the fabrics into the triangles I needed! Ok...now what? I went to a mini-retreat this past weekend and took this project with me...knowing that if I got brave enough to attempt starting and got "stuck" I'd have plenty of help! Yep, I was right! Not only did I get the encouragement I needed to start, they were right by my side until I totally understood the pattern and process! I am sooooo thankful for my quilting friends!!!!

I'm also loving what's one my design wall!


6 comments:

bettyp said...

Your so brave to do this !! I always want one too.I just may need to check out that wedsite you gave !! I also love the colors you have there!! Great Job!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I knew how to do this!!

Mama Pea said...

Gorgeous! Retreats are a great place to get yourself over a hurdle! Way to go! I haven't been brave enough to attempt one of these yet, myself. Can't wait to see it finished!

ann said...

looks great! I love it...when do I get to see it in person?
ann

Bianca said...

Irene,

It looks great. I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

WOW...good job. That pattern scares me more than the double wedding ring. Maybe when I am done with the ring....maybe...maybe not.....