Monday, December 24, 2012

Error on MY "Easy Street"

I was cruising along Easy Street last night and enjoying the time bonding with machine and fabric. Had to cut more 2" squares, as apparently I couldn't count!!

Pulled more purples and cut--but wait, something doesn't "look" right!!! OH NO! I have 68 blocks half-done and these cuts aren't matching up with the others.... (last corners added aren't trimmed in the back yet, so the are reuseable)









I had cut the purples at 2.5 inches instead of 2 inches. So today, when I need to take breaks, I will sit and remove the corners and resize them in hopes I can still use some of them. I don't have a lot of purples left I had "pulled" for this quilt and really don't want to introduce new ones now.  Recutting all the turquoise squares won't be a problem--just really upset with myself!!!!

Corrected blocks:












*Note to self: reread instructions AGAIN before cutting, especially if cutting for more than one project at the same time!!



Irene

4 comments:

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I hate when that happens! And it happens more than I like to admit!

Anonymous said...

Doh! How annoying. At least it's a fixable problem. I wonder if we will be joining units together this week. Merry Christmas.

Cheryl said...

Bummer...can you maybe save them for a border? I hate to rip so if I had enough fabric I'd start step 5 again and use the "creative booboo" for something else. You may create something wonderful from this!

Andee said...

Oh no! Well you will be caught up in no time if you aren't already!