Friday, January 22, 2010

"BOM" Stash Buster

I am trying so hard to use up some of my stash! There are fabrics in there that I have no idea why in the world I bought them to begin with--ugh! So while surfing the other day, I came across this website for a Block of the Month (BOM). The colors caught my eye, and I realized I had a lot of these in my stash, sooooo another UFO birthed! I am going to see exactly how many of the blocks in the series I can make without spending a penny.......

Block 1:


Block 2:
I am sure I have enough of the "yellows" for all the blocks (and then some) but the purples, teals, and blacks will change as I go. I do want to keep all the blacks a "white on black" fabric.
Care to join me? Challenge is at least one block a week until I'm caught up, then one block a month.
Irene

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Irene,

Those blocks are nice. You have some really pretty fabric in them. I like that combination of teal, yellow, and the black. I am sorry that I can't join in, although I am sorely tempted, but I have too many things going on right now. I have to finish some things first, before I start something new again.

Lesa Marie Bame said...

cool, how's your galaxy of stars coming?? swap your scraps with Ann's pound for pound for added varirty