Saturday, January 9, 2010

Success!

....in making 10.5" blocks. I am not a huge fan of smaller blocks, so before joining in the blue-n-white fun with fellow Ohio Quilters, I decided I needed to make "test blocks." For some reason, I just seem to have problems making any block that is smaller than 12.5" come out correctly! grrrrr

Anyway, since we didn't have school on Friday, yes our first "snow day," I went stash shopping. Had to dig really deep to find the bleached muslin, but the blues weren't a problem. I have made two sample blocks so far and they actually measure correctly! Michelle helped me and I have 12 blocks (2 sets of 6) cut out, just need to sew them now. I may even go the diatance and do another set of 6???


Michelle returns to school today, after being home for a month, and Hubby is finally on-the-road again after having off ten plus days, so I may actually get the rest of these sewn this weekend! Being alone, which I truely don't like, I do have the freedom sew as I please! So we shall see after I get a few chores done and Shellz on her way...........




--Irene--

No comments: