Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Day to Myself..........

....and I am loving it! After the rat-race schedule of the last month of school, working on washing those buses last week, and doing strawberries, I was so ready to hibernate! Today was that day! I decided last night I was going to "sleep in" this morning--yeah right--I made it to 6 am! But then again that is sleeping in if you are usually up at 4:30, right? I took my shower and then since it was raining, again, had my tea and toast in the family room where I could open the door and hear the gently falling rain while reading.


Soon after, I ventured into the sewing studio--oh boy, what a mess! The last few weeks, I just tossed "stuff" and didn't put anything back in it's place--guess I have to try and find my table??? Really didn't take that long to clean up! Thank goodness!


I am behind on the Ohio Quilter's BOM and on the 3Creative BOM blocks so decided to at least get those blocks cut out. They are now "bagged" and ready to travel tomorrow! Also pulled some more yellows so I can continue on another top I started at May retreat. Didn't cut on this yet as I need to put what I have on the design wall so I can pick up where I stopped. I am also still giving "JacktheRipper" a work out as I continue to undo the Crossing Ohio blocks...am almost ready to give him a rest and restart the construction process again. I do have to decide what color family I want to use as my center block on each block.....yes scrappy but controlled scrappy! :)


Took a break for dinner and now am now ready to spend some time with JacktheRipper again.


On the design wall:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...looking pretty good. I had the baby today while the kids went to a movie so thus the cleaning came to a halt. So as I don't do evening cleaning :-) I plan to retire to the couch with a movie and the grandmothers fan. I am in the final countdown of blocks. Then I need to decide how I will quilt the borders. Not sure about a pattern for that yet.