Monday, June 21, 2010

Prep Day......

Pat (http://patstash.blogspot.com/) came and spent Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning with me. We spent Thursday afternoon and all day Friday sewing with Ann (http://granfrysquiltingchaos.blogspot.com/). I continued to work on reworking my Crossing Ohio blocks--now have four remade. I also worked on a puzzle quilt I started at May retreat--it's not completed but am slowly getting there! Ready to start the borders on it.

Today was the first day I was completely alone since school let out....with cleaning busses and other "running" I seemed to on the go all the time. So, what did I get done today????

First, I really slept in! Woke up at 8:30!! After a quick shower, I ventured out onto the deck with my book and cup of tea. Enjoyed the water fountain and quietness. Was really surprised how quiet it was since we live on Main Street! Not a lot of traffic at all.

We are trying to find a recipe to make our own tomato soup. Tried one out today and am not overly thrilled with it--it's ok, but....... So the search will continue.

I also picked a few green beans--enough for hubby and me a meal once he returns back home. I don't have much of a garden, but "fresh" always tastes so good!

Now into the studio! Pat, Ann, and I were looking at a Celtic Knot pattern book that Vicki (http://vickiegearhardt.blogspot.com/) is using. We decided this would be a great "hand" project and are embarking on this adventure. Whoa is me! I DON'T do applique! Guess I am going to give it a try and we will see how it goes. So I worked on my "layout."

I then went to the sewing machine and made a Crossing Ohio block--needed to give the brain a rest! I cleaned up the sewing area a little after this then went to stay with my granddaughter, Rylee, for a while. She has an innner ear infection and DS and DIL had an appointment. It was cuddle time tonight!

After I came home, I decided tonight was the night I finally am going to cut my fabrics for my Lone Star quilt!! I have had the fabrics for a loooong time, just couldn't bring myself to cut! I have a three day retreat coming up the end of July and am thinking maybe I'll start this quilt???

I feel like I've had a productive day but also know if I hadn't "roamed" the house at times, I would of gotten more done! A few more "alone" days and I'll be adjusted to the quiet and emptiness again! (except I have NO ONE to talk to!!!) It's so different not having to get up at 4:30 or having to drop everything at 1:30 to go back to work, but I do love it!

No comments: