Monday, June 7, 2010

Strawberries-Strawberries-Strawberries!

......as I stated in my last post, Stacy and I did strawberries on Saturday before the tornado passed through. I thought I was DONE with them for this year! While at work this forenoon, Amber asked where she could find some strawberries? Knowing I would be done at work by 10:30, I told her to meet me. After grabing a bite to eat at the Burger King drive-thro, off we went to find her strawberries! By 11:00 we had 32 quarts in the back of her car and were headed home.

When I asked what she planned on doing with these berries,"Freezer Jam, is what I want!?" All 32 quart? Well, those were the plans, but they got changed slightly! My Mom stopped in at the house to drop off my bread (she had been to the Wonder Store) so we gifted her two quarts...A fresh strawbeery pie in chillin' in the fridge, both of us kept some to"just eat." Sold another two quart, and have made 12 batches of jelly and we 'tain't done yet!!!!

Only took a break long enough to eat dinner--hamburger gravy and mashed potatoes! Oh, quite a few of the berries were eaten by my preciou granddaughter,Rylee too. Oh how that girlloves berries!

Tomorrow we will finish the rest...am to tired to do more tonight! Can't wait until they are done so I can get back into the studio--I wanna sew!

No comments: