Friday, July 9, 2010

Digging in totes and corners...

...was on the agenda today. I've had a headache all day and just didn't feel up to sewing. but, if you know me, I can't just sit still either! I have been thinking about moving my studio to another room in the house. We have 1700 square feet in this house, and I'm alone most of the time, so why do I have to be in the back room???? Hubby finally agreeded today so I am sorting, etc. I want to clean up the small room adjoining the new studio room and use it for fabric storage etc. I also know most of the cleaning, sorting, and moving will have to be done by ME!!! Oh well, it will keep me busy!

While sorting and digging today, I found 7 tops that have backing with them that are ready to be quilted and I found 3 tops that need backing then they will be ready. (I keep wishing for a mid/long arm but....) I even found a top I thought was lost! Also found my quilt I had started hand quilting and had to take it off the frame a year ago....think maybe I'll set up one of my frames and work on this again. An hour a day is about all I can hand quilt, but slow and steady will get it done???

I have been trying to use up a lot of my "stash' too. Kris and Jan were here the beginning of the week and shared some of thier magazines with Ann and me. More ideas are now rolling around in my head. With the magazines Ann and I were already looking at, I have chosen another 3-4 patterns I want to make. I pulled fabrics for them and actually emptied my Civil War bin (except for the shirtings)! Pieces that didn't "fit" into the pattern went to Ann for her quilt and/or Dear Jane. So happy to have an empty bin!!! I will have to buy a few FQ's and then I will have 4 more kits ready to go. :) I so want to start them but MUST finish those I have started first!!!!!! Now, if only some of the other bins were empty!!!

Shopping list: 20 plus yards of batting
fabric for 3 backings
thread

No comments: