Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mini Retreat

The time is almost here! I am so excited to be able to get away for a three day weekend! Heading to Parkersburg WV tomorrow after work for a mini quilting retreat. No hubby, no kids, no cooking, and no cleaning! Can't say no phone as I have to have the cell on in case my Dad has problems again. Even with his new pacemaker, he is having some chest pains, so need the cell in case Mom needs to get in touch.

I have packed a few projects, altho I'm not sure I'll get to work on any of them. My number one goal is to get the 3 kids quilts quilted on the HQ16! I am hoping to come home Sunday with 3 completed quilts! May even ask a few ladies to help with the bindings (gosh, I hope I packed the binding fabrics!) Will have to take time off to do a mini shop hop---good thing I stashed my last paycheck!

I did sit down today and stitched a few more stitches on the Fairy Frost quilt I am hand quilting. I think this may take me all winter to get done!

Hoping you have a great quilty weekend!





1 comment:

Sue said...

I hope you had a wonderful retreat!

I LOVE quilting retreats, I missed the one this year but hope to be able to go next year.

Your quilts are wonderful, I enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading your blog.

I found you working my way around the Q4P ring. I'll be back!