Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Post retreat

Came home from retreat Sunday in time to enjoy lunch with DH and DD. Retreat was a success and I got quite a few things accomplished.

All three tops for the "kids" are now quilts! Did two of them on Friday and Janet helped me finish the third one on Saturday. Did the binding yesterday and today--yep, I had forgotten to pack them so had to do them myself. Also worked on some 4-patch raggy flannel blocks (12 made) for a swap. Then set some more blocks on my DS's wedding quilt. Have to make more HST, but for this quilt it takes a lot of consentration, so will make them here at home. I had taken my BellaBella for the others to see (well, what I have done so far). I did work on it a little on Saturday night. It did spark a lot of interest and a few books and pattern packs were ordered.

Lots of great food, fun, and fellowship. Didn't spend a lot of $$$ this time. I decided I needed to finish some UFO's before buying for new projects!

On the homefront, DD had a minor accident on Saturday. Noone hurt, just a small dent in her car. But, since she's not 18 yet, we have to go to court sometime. Hope next time she brakes harder! Just thankful no on was hurt!

Saturday night, DD, a high school senior, lost a classmate due to a horrible accident. Tomorrow is the funeral and we are still all in shock. Mic and Cody have/had been classmates since Kindergarten---friends, this is a tough one! Whisper a prayer for the 66 seniors as they say thier final goodbye tomorrow and for us as parents/friends of the family that we may be strong for them.


Irene

No comments: