Friday, February 19, 2010

Flannel............

At this time of the year, flannel quilts are so wonderfully warm! I've been swapping in a yearly flannel swap for close to ten years now.....This week I decided to dig out the last of the blocks I had and get them into a quilt top.(plus it helped keep me warm!) Trying to stick to my "no buy" challenge, I went into the flannel cupboard---found some yellows, so they were used. May have to break down and buy the backing, but I do have a nice bright piece of flannel, if only it's big enough!







Then for some simple sewing...I made a few "Wonder Wallets." I don't like taking my purse on the bus (plus there's not a lot of room to store it), so decided one of these is just what I needed! I can carry my license, a few dollars, etc. in it and tuck it into my coat or jean pocket!


Now, it's Friday so I must get a few household chores done. After hubby leaves again tomorrow (well, he's gotta get home this afternoon first!), I'll be free to dig out another UFO, work on my current challenges & BOM's, or maybe dive in and start a new project???




Happy Quilting!

Irene

No comments: