Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sometimes-----

---you just have to bite the bullet and do something you just hate! I absolutely hate mending! But, Hubby has a coat he wears all winter altho it's old and somewhat tattered, but it's warm. He busted the zipper and the pockets were torn so badly, anything put into them was lost. So, while out and about with "the college kids" yesterday, I finally bought a replacement zipper.

Today, after the snow was shoveled again and the kids left...I made new pockets and attacked them...AND.....I actually replaced that zipper! Now, when he gets back from Texas, he will have his coat again :).

As a reward I made block 6 of one oof the BOM's I doing. The lighting wasn't very good today so the purples look blue.


1 comment:

Bianca said...

Irene,

Your block is really pretty. I understand your feelings about mending. My husband always asks me to mend things. I keep reminding him, I am a quilter, not a seamstress. I am still hoping that some day he might understand the difference. LOL