Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crossing Ohio continued....

At last my third block is completed! Oh what a day it's been! Went to Ann's again between routes and it's a good thing or I may have thrown everything away and given up my love of quilting!




"Mr. Seam Ripper" was awaken for the day by Ann first, then to my dismay he came to my sewing table too for a workout. :( I also discovered I couldn't count when I was cutting my Crossing Ohio blocks---2 1.5" squares short on each block. Since all the fabrics came from either my stash or Ann's I can solve this problem but it totally upset me that I did this! I did discuss a "setting" idea with Ann and we both like it but will have to wait and see if it will work.


Also figured out a layout for some more swap blocks I found in the UFO cupboard...can't wait to start sewing these together now but again, unless I want a small quilt, I have to make a few more blocks to go with them.....will try to do that this week yet.


Time to "chill" for a bit then off to bed to hopefully get a full night's sleep for a change.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Irene,

Your blocks are really pretty. Your quilt will be really pretty. And should you decide you don't like it after all, let me know. I will gladly take it. LOL