Monday, April 26, 2010

Time Out!!!!

I am so wanting to get a lot done here at home before retreat and also getting things ready for retreat......but it's time for a "time out!" Thought retreat would be a great time to make a quilt I saw in a magazine but never got around to it and it would help use up a lot of my stash. So today as I finished up the laundry, I starting the cutting of the fabrics. All went so well, I got everything but the background fabric cut before I had to go back to work! Sweet!

After work, I had plans to meet a friend for dinner, but we both decided we jus twanted to go home since it was raining, windy, and actually colder! A hot bowl of home made vegetable soup was on my mind and tasted so yummy......then back to the sudio I went. Wait! What did I do wrong? I reread the cutting instructions and discovered I had cut 200 pieces of assorted blues the wrong size! gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr I am sure Kim in Hawaii could hear my moans and groans! Now, I have 200 assorted 2 1/8 x 3 3/4" blues and they won't work in the pattern! So if you happen onto a pattern needing these miscuts, let me know! Think this project will be put on hold and I'll find something else to work on....thought about cutting my Lone Star but not so sure after this mess!

So, now taking a time out--getting a nice hot cup of tea and off to read some blogs! Tomorrow has to be better!

2 comments:

Lynn W. said...

Oh, gee, I'm sorry that happened to you, Irene. I've done it a few times but never 200 pieces. I hope you find a new home for them or a pattern that will use them.

Bianca said...

Irene,
I am so sorry. I know how frustrating this is. I am doing that so much myself, it is not even funny anymore.